The Tottenham Hotspur Family Podcast

A global Tottenham Hotspur podcast and viewpoint, by the fans for the fans.

The Forward Line

by Elliott Line

The Forward Line Europa Monaco

The game against Monaco is not a crucial one for us, having already qualified for the next stage, although an extra point will guarantee us progressing as group leaders. For Monaco to progress, they would need to beat us and for Anderlecht not to win. Despite the lack of pressure on us to win, I think we are still narrow favourites, and I think we will put a reasonably strong team out. Perhaps if the next opponents were a tougher test than Newcastle things would be different.

151001 MONACO graphs

In the Monaco game I think we have a 63% chance of scoring, a 23% chance of scoring more than once, and a 43% chance of keeping a clean sheet. The three most likely scorelines are: a 1-0 win, a 1-1 draw, and a 1-0 loss. Overall I think there is a 39% chance of a Spurs win, a 32% chance of a draw, and a 29% chance of a Monaco win.

151001 MONACO penboard.JPG

Next game: Spurs vs. Newcastle in the Premier League

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow me on Twitter

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 15 other followers

%d bloggers like this: